Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Do You Really Believe?

In a courtroom, evidence is what can be proven.  The lawyer must provide the facts that are visible for the jury.  In other words, evidence only involves things that can be seen or demonstrated.  You may ask, “How then can faith involve evidence that is invisible --- that which is not seen?  The promises of God are evidence.  If God promised to do something, it is impossible for Him not to do it.  Hebrews 6:18 says, “That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us.  This verse tells us that God has two unchangeable realities:  God embodies truth, is truth, and therefore cannot lie. Because God is truth you don’t need to wonder.  We can be secure in any promise that He gives us.  You don’t even have to worry about whether He will change His plans.  This assurance gives us the courage and belief that if God said it, I believe it and I’m gonna take Him at his word.  It is with great confidence that I believe if God did it for me in time past, He’ll do it for me in my future.  Do you have that precious assurance that God will never leave nor forsake you?  Do you really believe God is working things out for your good even though it seems you’re being attacked on every hand?  Do you really have faith? 

If we have faith that God answers prayer, His promises are our is our evidence.  If we have faith that God hears prayer it is because of the promises of 1st John 5:14 “And this is the confidence we have in Him that if we ask anything according to His will, He heareth us.”  If we have faith that God answers prayer, we believe it because of God’s promise in James 5:16 “the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.”  Matthew 7:7-8 declares, “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For everyone that asketh recieveth and he that seeketh, findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.”   If we have faith to be healed it is because of God’s promise in James 5:15 which says, “The prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up.” If I believe God for my finances His promises tell me in Matthew 6:33 that if I seek Him first, and His righteousness, He would take care of my lack.  If I believe that I am saved it is because John declares “Whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.”  If I believe the Holy Spirit was sent to comfort me, it is because Jesus says in John 16:7 “but if I depart, I will send Him unto you.”  I believe that Jesus is coming back for His Church because He tells us in John 14:2-3, “I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am there ye may be also.”  I believe that right now Jesus is making intercession for me at the right hand side of His Father because Romans 8:27 says, “And He that searcheth the heart knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit; because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the Will of God.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment