Sunday, March 18, 2012

There is Nobody Greater

I have been on a journey for the past few months and I finally am well enough to journel about it.  I am reminded of the song entitled "Nobody Greater by Vashawn Mitchell."  This song has become somewhat an anthem for my life.  I am a witness that with all the people that are on the earth there is NOBODY GREATER than my Heavenly Father.  The lyrics are as follows:

 [Verse 1:]I climbed up to the highest mountain
Looked all around, couldn't find nobody
Went down into the deepest valley
Looked all around down there, couldn't find nobody
I went across the deep blue sea
Couldn't find one to compare... to Your grace, Your love, Your mercy
Nobody greater, nobody greater than You

[Chorus:]
Searched all over, couldn't find nobody
I looked high and low, still couldn't find nobody
Nobody greater, nobody greater no, nobody greater than You
Searched all over, couldn't find nobody
I looked high and low, still couldn't find nobody
Nobody greater, nobody greater, nobody greater than You

[Verse 2:]
Nobody can heal, like you can
Oh Most Holy One, You are the Great I Am
Awesome in all Your ways and mighty is Your hand
You are He who carried out redemption's plan
You are He who carried out redemption's plan

If you have never heard this song I admonish you to go to you tube and listen to it.  It is life changing.  For the past eight years my doctor has been completing routine testing on my female organs monitoring a condition I had called endometrial hyperplasia. Endometrial Hyperplasia is a thickening of the lining of the uterus.  In the month of November following a D&C my doctor informed me that my cells were now changing and surgery was needed.  He assured me that I didn't have cancer but that if we didn't act appropriately the cells would turn cancerous.  I was prepared to go to surgery in December but things didn't work out that way and I am so glad.  God is a master planner!  I was trying to figure things out but He had already worked them out for my good. 

To my suprise my doctor referred me to an Oncology Gynocologist.  This as the enemy would have it startled me a bit because he (my doctor) made a big deal about the fact that there was no cancer present. If that is the case, why is he referring me to an oncologist?  I found myself heading to a doctors appointment in the very location I had to take my father just a few years ago for chemotherapy and he is no longer with me.  Yet, I decided I had to put my big girl smile on and do what was needed to be done.  I entered the oncologist's office in early December spent 3 hours there and left knowing that the surgery would be on February 15th, there was a 56% chance cancer could be present, I would have laproscopic robotic surgery but they may also have to cut me, they would check my lymph nodes during surgery and if cancer was present he would remove them, I would begin chemo and radiation soon after and depending on how I was feeling I would be out of work approximately two to six weeks.  Whew!  Thank God He had prepared me to know that there is Nobody Greater and He has my whole life planned out.  All I have to do is trust in Him!

Needless to say, I was not fearful and actually excited about the surgery because God let me know in my spirit that everything was going to be all right.  Is that saying that everything would go well? Is that saying that I would not die on the table or have complications?  No! It's saying that I had decided that whatever God wants to do with my life He can.  It is His!  I gave it to Him to do what He wills to do with it and whatever state I am in I am at peace.  (Thank you Lord for your delivering power!)

February 15th arrived and my loving husband and  mother were right by my side.  Mom brought the prayer team (her pastor and his wife) and we shared a joyous time while I awaited my opportunity. Mom's pastor even commented that I needed to get off that bed and go home there was nothing wrong with me.  That is just a testimony of how good and marvelous my God is.  We can be falling apart but there is a peace that can't be explained.  I don't know about you but I love him more today than I did on yesterday.  He gets sweeter!  My scheduled time of slicing was 1:00 P.M. but that didn't happen.  The surgery took place finally and  I awoke to a nice little pain pump in my hand and a cozy hospital room around 10:30 P.M.  I justed wanted them to let me sleep.  Tim spent the night watching me from a very uncomfortable seat and he sent mom home which I later found she wasn't too happy about.  :) After I realized I wasn't in pain I layed the pump aside and napped in between the nurse and tech visits. 

The next morning the doctor arrived and said he planned to fast track me and send me home that day.  I didn't even spend 24 hours in the hospital and they are sending me home.  That's what I call drive by surgery.  I walked although I was very dizzy from the meds, I tinkled, and I went home with 21 staples, a toy to blow on, and a smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment