Monday, August 15, 2011

Scripture: Hebrews 12:1-2
KJV Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us. (2) Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author & perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, & sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” 

The New Testament book of Hebrews was written to Christians who were in danger of abandoning the Christian faith. They were tempted to give in to persecutions or to return to the lure of old beliefs. The writer, who is unknown but believed to be Paul, knew that Christian life was far better than any alternatives.  Hebrews encourages readers to face opposition with God’s power by confidently standing on His truth. 

I don’t know about you but there are times in my life when I am tempted to let my old woman come out. I know the song tells us to yield not to temptations for yielding is sin.  But there are times in my life when I want to choose the alternative and get down and dirty by saying what I want to say, and doing like I want to do.  Can I get an amen? However, we must remember God says vengeance is His and He’ll repay and we don’t have to try to handle things ourselves.  We must stay focused!  Now is the time, if it has never been that Satan wants to distract us and lead us off on a path that God has not ordained for our lives.  God has called us to a higher purpose. We can’t allow ourselves to be distracted by meaningless and immature things. Satan job is and always has been to make us abort our promise.  We are too close to giving birth to abort the promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment