Tuesday, July 19, 2011

If You Want to Be Blessed Love God


 Yesterday I shared with you that to be blessed you should remember what God has done for you just as Israel needed to reflect on God's blessings.  Today I want to share with you that those who love God are blessed.
 
Scripture:  Deuteronomy 11:26-28   “See, I am setting before you today a blessings and a curse ----- the blessing if you obey the commands of the Lord your God that I am giving you today; the curse if you disobey the command of the Lord your God and turn from the way that I command you today by following other gods, which you have not known.”

Love God
When asked by the Pharisees to quote what he considered to be the greatest Commandment, Jesus replied in Matthew 22:37 “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment.”  We must make loving God our priority. God said to His people in Deuteronomy 11 the same exact thing. Vs. 13 “If you faithfully obey the commands I am giving you today to love the Lord your God and to serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul (I will BLESS you.)¨
 Our God is a jealous God.  He loves us more than anyone could ever love us.  He knows that no one will love us the way He loves us.  That love leads to Him be jealous over us. But, how full is your love tank for God?  Write that down.  How full is my love tank for God? 
Many of us say we love God but much of our confession of love is just lip service.  You’ve heard the saying before, love is an action word.  If you love me, show me.  If you hang around Pastor Wright and I for a little while you will know that we love each other.  We’re touching, hugging, kissing, smiling, commenting or joking with one another.  Our love for one another is expressed by our actions.
God is no different.  If you truly love Him everyone knows it by your actions. When was the last time you loved on God, and somebody noticed it at as being real love?  There is a huge difference between telling someone you love them and really loving them.  God does not want superficial love.  He wants you to love Him with everything you’ve got.  He says it right in verse 13.  He says love me with all your heart and with all your soul.  All is everything you’ve got! 
Most of us have experienced cheap love.  There is no blessing in cheap love.  Cheap loves says, “Yeah, baby I love you.  Yeah, baby I’m gonna’ be with you.  Yeah. baby I’ll do that just for you.  But when you really need love, a cheap lover is nowhere to be found.  Cheap love is conditional and always ends up hurting.  Some of us are to God, cheap love.  Don’t give God cheap love.  To Him cheap love is no love at all.  In a relationship with God you are not the player and He’s not your prostitute.  LOVE Him for real or there’s no love between you at all. 
Some of us have some major commitment issues.  We won’t commit to anyone or anything.  But realize your lack of commitment to God brings a curse in your life.  You wonder why everything seems to always go wrong in your life and you always have an issue check out your love status with God.  Until you love God, you honestly cannot love anyone else.  Fall in love with Him and watch all the love in your life blossom to new levels.  I’m not your hater, I’m your elevator!  God says love me and see blessings flow in your life.   Love God!

1 comment: